Re: gEDA-user: net= attributes, symbols and schematics

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:17:46 -0600, John Doty wrote:

>> Then I could have a sheet just for power/gnd.
>
> That works. You just have to be careful about attributes like footprint:
> gnetlist will grab the first one it sees and ignore any others.

Unfortunately, it is not that easy. gnetlist delivers the footprint of
the first symbol of a given refdes in a gschem file. If this symbol does
not contain a footprint, gnetlist does not output a footprint for this
refdes at all -- no matter what value the footprint attribute of the
other instances is.

Yes, this is exactly the pitfall that my patch fixed, whose acceptance
you violently and successfully opposed.

> You can also use my pins2gsch script and just do pwr/gnd as a table, no
> drawing needed.
>
>> But I wondered about netlisting and refdes support. Bummer that
>> renumbering doesn't preserve relationships.
>
> There are several renumbering scripts about, all with different
> capabilities/weaknesses. Everybody expects renumbering to read *their*
> mind ;-)

Who expects a renumber script to distribute symbols with a common refdes
to several refdeses?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211