Re: gEDA-user: PCB, I lost my layer colors

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:13:40 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:

>> To switch between two versions of the PCB file format (with layer
>> attributes and without them), preserve_layer_attribute flag is added;

Does the presence of layer attributes break anything with non-patched pcb
versions? In other words, is the change of format backwards compatible?

> Why do we need a tick box to preserve layer attributes? IMO, layer
> attributes should _always_ be preserved.

+1
(unless layers attributes have to be skipped for backward compatibility)

>> pcb --action-string 'SetLayerColor(0,#4f4f00)' board.pcb
>
> Hmm, I'd have thought the command line arguments would have been a neat
> way of overriding the layer colours. I'm pretty easy either way though.
>
> I like the addition of the actions.

I'd prefer to let command line action string override whatever is given
in the file. This would be in line with the principle of least surprise.
If I deliberately set a color on the command line, then I'd really like
to see this color applied in the GUI.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak