Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL testing

On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 22:22 +0200, michalwd1979 wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>

> > > Thanks for explanation about backups. my_filename.pcb- did not existed
> > > after the crash, I only had my original file. Crash happened shortly
> > > after starting pcb.
> >
> > I'm confused now. I thought you said you lost 3 hours work - in which
> > case, I'd have presumed the file would have been open long enough to
> > drop a backup of some kind.
> >

> Sorry, I was thinking about something else - I wanted to write: shortly after running teardrops() :-).

I don't want to blame it without cause, but I have had the tear-drops
plug-in crash in unusual ways myself (not with PCB+GL). It is possible
that something got corrupted.

Did you recompile the plugin after building PCB+GL? - If not _bang_.

I've not personally done any testing between PCB+GL and the teardrops
plugin. There "shouldn't" be any difference with GL / non-GL, but that's
not to say there isn't.

> I'm also getting all backups now - in /tmp/ as defined in
> globalconst.h. I have absolutely no idea what happened at that time
> (crash and no backup)...

That just plan sucks. I'm really sorry!