Re: gEDA-user: How to connect pads to anything?

On Sun, 2010-10-17 at 18:31 +0200, Karl Hammar wrote:
> Stefan Salewski:
> > On Sun, 2010-10-17 at 15:35 +0200, Karl Hammar wrote:
> > > There is also under "Edit->Move to current Layer  M", but I haven't
> > > been able to move a footprint to the solder layer with that.
> > Of course you can not move it to inner layers, so Move to current Layer
> > makes not much sense.
>
> How come "solder" is considered an "inner" layer, is it due to silk and
> soldermask?

What I wanted to say was: "Move to current Layer" makes not much sense
for footprints, because we can have inner layers, but we can not move
footprints to that layers.

> > Hoover mouse over footprint and press key b -- this is for lesstif, but
> > may work for gtk too.
>
> (seems you have to select it)

For 2010 snapshot with lesstif hid it works for selected elements, and
for unselected elements if mouse pointer hoovers over it.