Re: gEDA-user: coordinate systems

On Sun, 2010-10-17 at 23:22 +0200, Markus Hitter wrote:

> As I wrote most of this RepRap Wiki page myself, I can also explain
> how this happened.

KiCAD, the rising star? I think it is fine, but older than gEDA, and
progress is not really fast. Homepage is fine now, indeed. And there is
much traffic on the developer mailing list -- but most people seem to
vast their own time and the time of the real developers, instead of
working. I was looking for real projects done with KiCAD, have never
seen much.

> - Write a new tutorial. With a few pictures like before, and without
> any asking for editing text files.

Yes, I really do not like most of gEDA/PCB docs/wiki. Verbose, outdated,
sometimes too technical. I myself can not write fine documentation,
because my english is not good. (At least I have written a footprint
summary, see http://www.ssalewski.de/SFG.html.en bottom.) DJ has written
a fine beginner tutorial, its not easy to find:

http://www.delorie.com/pcb/docs/gs/gs.html