Re: gEDA-user: coordinate systems

At 02:42 PM 10/17/2010, you wrote:
On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 20:28:36 +0200
kai-martin knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > http://reprap.org/wiki/PCB_Milling#gerbv
> > "gEDA is yet another software suite with schematic and PCB layout
> > editor. It wasn't included in the set of preferred choices here
> > because it requires hand-coding of text files in between usage of
> > the different GUI tools."
>
> Actually, it does not.
> You can do the whole work-flow in GUI-mode only. You can use
> xgsch2pcb or the shiny new pull feature of pcb to eliminate the
> command line, too. That said, sometimes it is just easier to tweak
> the *.sch, or *.pcb files than use the GUIs.

Well, take a footprint for example. How do you edit the solder mask opening
with the GUI? I don't think there is a way to do that with the GUI. So it is
someway true, that hand editing is necessary. You can do it with scripts, yes.
But that involves hand editing as well.

IMHO, we'd need a footprint editor as well.

This tool does not have a footprint editor???

Rick