Re: gEDA-user: coordinate systems [was: pcb crooked traces]

Phillip Jones wrote:
I disagree. There are situations I can think of in which manually
entering coordinates would be simpler than using a "GUI" method.

I definitely think we sould flip the coordinate grid, but what
would that do to exiting files?

Version the file format. Introduce a new PCB_FILE_VERSION. If this is
defined in the file then call the appropriate read function, if it is
not defined then use the old function.
The file format of pcb-boards is versioned, the footprints aren't.
Both use the "Y+ is down" cs now, but clearly that's the only
solution for both ;-)