Re: gEDA-user: coordinate systems

Levente Kovacs wrote:
On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 20:28:36 +0200
kai-martin knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, take a footprint for example. How do you edit the solder mask opening
with the GUI? I don't think there is a way to do that with the GUI. So it is
someway true, that hand editing is necessary. You can do it with scripts, yes.
But that involves hand editing as well.

IMHO, we'd need a footprint editor as well.
Tbh, I did use vi for fine tuning of my footprints, but if the solder mask opening is missing, that's just another settings parameter to add to pcb IMO. Ideally rightclicking on a pad
should bring up a menu showing all it's properties (in footprint-mode), aka:
P1X, P1Y, P2X, P2Y, Width, DRC-clearance, solderstop-clearance, paste mask-offset
(knowing the last does not exist (yet))