Re: gEDA-user: coordinate systems

Levente Kovacs wrote:

> Both examples work on a footprint placed on a layout. I am
> talking about a footprint itself. Off course, you can copy a
> footprint into the buffer, rip up, edit, convert it back again
> to a footprint, copy to buffer, and overwrite the old one.

conversion and rip-up is not necessary in this case. I'd rather avoid
this, because you loose the some information during the process. (pin
numbers, placement of the name)
Just change the solder mask of a footprint placed somewhere on the
canvas. When done, copy the footprint to the buffer and overwrite the
previous version in the library.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak