Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meeting report: Notes on the topics we discussed

Olgierd Eysymontt wrote:
I've made A LOT of Java program, including the one of power systems,
that made A LOT of complex matrix inversions very quickly.

And YES IT RUNS ON LINUX as all the progrmas I've made has been made on
linux and run on Windows WITHOUT NATIVE LIBRARIES.

I think you really don't know what Java is, you can ask yourself why is
one the most used languages now, check Sourceforge if in doubt.

Java virtual machines has been very optimized in the last years and
represent a hardware abstraction layer which I think is very necceasary
today specially for folks on NetBSD, Solaris, AIX or whatever you want.

Olgierd

actually my question wasn't "does it run on linux", it was "linux on non-x86", "netbsd on sparc64", "freebsd on powerpc".

So actually I decided to play around some with the new electric which is written in java. Any suggestions on which JVM I should try to install on my NetBSD/alpha machine? The sun one doesn't have the machine dependant bits for this system. Kaffe even with out jit3 doesn't compile. Is there a prefered opensource JVM which has been ported to lots of systems?

Thanks
-Dan