Re: gEDA-user: netlists, no connects and unnamed nets

On 9/15/07, Carlos Nieves Ónega <cnieves@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> El jue, 13-09-2007 a las 16:36 -0400, John Luciani escribió:
> [snip]
> > If you fill the screen (or logfile) with false-positves it can make it
> > very difficult
> > to find the few true-positives (especially for newbies). Without
> > detailed and accurate documentation it is very hard to tweak the tool
> > to get useful information from it
> > (especially for newbies that can't find the documentation ;-)
>
> Fully agree. Do you (or anyone) have any cases of false positives at
> hand?

My comment was general not specific to gschem. I have not tried the
gschem DRC checker.

The only schematic DRC check I have found useful is a rule that identifies
unconnected pins that aren't marked unconnected. I work on a number
of schematics in parallel and get frequent interruptions. Marking pins as
unconnected has saved me a few blue wires.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org