Re: gEDA-user: test repo

On 5 September 2011 14:28, Bob Paddock <bob.paddock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Thanks for setting up such a service, a well kept secret until now
>> let's keep this one quite as not to waken the wild hoards of windoze users
>> ;-)
>
>> Should windoze "users" file bug reports in LP for these nightly windows
>> snapshots too ?
>
> Bugs are bugs, they need reported.
>
> This anti-Windows attitude is not helpful to the project, and I'm not
> trying to pick on you specifically Bert. sorry if it seems that way.

Well said, Bob. If we /really/ want Eagle users to move to gEDA/gaf
and PCB (and I do, because I'm sick fed up of seeing "open hardware"
being developed on Eagle), the whole pipeline needs to run (and run
well i.e. as close to native as we can get within reason) on Windows
platforms.

In fact, I'd go further and say that if we also had a native OS X
build (not macports/fink) we'd have a pretty killer proposition for
the open hardware community.

Cheers
Gareth