Re: gEDA-user: accel keys (was: why some skip KiCAD and gEDA)

On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 01:58:14AM +0200, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> DJ Delorie wrote:
>
> > But gschem and pcb have completely different toolsets and common
> > tasks.  It would be difficult to make them "the same" outside of the
> > usual common key mappings (cut, paste, undo).
>
> There are a few more that could potentially be matched:
>
>   gschem                            pcb
>
> * start drawing a net [n]           start drawing a track [F2]
>
> * edit some text [ex]               edit some text [n]
>
> * rotate by 90° [er]                rotate by 90° [F9] + mouse click
>
> * find specific text [t shift-f]    select by name (no accel, yet)
>
> * cut selected objects [del]        cut selected objects [backspace]
>
> * draw a rectangle [b]              draw a rectangle [F5] + mouse click
>
> * draw a circle [ai]                draw a circle (no GUI tool)
>
> * edit attributes [ee]              edit attributes (no accel, yet)
>
> * toggle rubberband [or]            toggle rubberband (no accel, yet)
>
> * increase grid spacing []]         increase grid spacing [ctrl-g]
>
> * decrease grid spacing [[]         decrease grid spacing [ctrl-shift-g]

Thanks for these two. I had not found them, probably because
"[" and "]" are not really intuitive (at least to me) and are
on the third level on my Spanish keyboards (the plain keys
are "dead_grave" and "+").

	Gabriel

> increasingly unhappy with moderation of geda-user

Seconded. Can't the moderators at least whitelist usual
contributors...