[tor-talk] HELP! TBB browser with Tor/Vidalia showing Tor not installed

I have the Tor Bundle installed but I have a message on one of the pages
in the Tor Browser that 'Tor Is Not Installed', although the
Vidalia control panel has fired up and I now have a "green onion"
showing in the panel and the Torbutton showing in the Tor Browser.

From the Torproject website I gather this is the way to determine
whether Tor is running, but the Tor Browser shows me a webpage with
something like this warning: "Tor is not running/installed". Either it
is installed or it is not and the error message is confusing.

I realise that you can't look over my shoulder so to speak, but is this
a known problem with the Tor Bundle? Can anyone help me with what to do
to correct it?

I can't see anything on the Torproject website, so perhaps this forum
can help me.  Many thanks for any help you can give me!

BTW I have as my desktop an ageing Packard Bell Pentium 4 box (sorry
don't know the model number), running gNewSense 3.0 "Parkes" [this is
the upgraded stable version, not the Beta].

++ Graham Todd
Using gNewSense 3.0 Linux
[Free as in Free Speech and Freedom]