Re: [tor-talk] HELP! TBB browser with Tor/Vidalia showing Tor not installed

Hi Graham,

On 16.08.2013 09:43, Graham Todd wrote:
> I have the Tor Bundle installed but I have a message on one of the pages
> in the Tor Browser that 'Tor Is Not Installed', although the
> Vidalia control panel has fired up and I now have a "green onion"
> showing in the panel and the Torbutton showing in the Tor Browser.

Most likely, you are confused by the initial page that Tor Browser
loads. It tries to determine whether you are actually connected using
Tor by looking up the IP address you are using to a list of exit IP
addresses.

Some Tor exits, by misconfiguration, use a different IP address for
announcing themselves to the Tor network for incoming connections than
the IP address the exit uses for outgoing connections. Thus, quite
likely, you happened to be using one of the unfortunately misconfigured
exits.

In most cases, it should show you that you are indeed using Tor.

This issue is "resolved" in the latest Tor Browser Bundle, which is in
alpha stage and will hopefully soon replace the stable releases.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/