Re: Time Warner bad / VPS recommendations

I take issue with the premise that the only course of action that ISPs have is to disconnect customers that generate these complaints. I know that some ISPs simply pass on the complaints to their customers with the expectation that the customer fix the problem. It seems to me that this is all the ISP is required to do (see the EFF DMCA response letter for details).

tor-operator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Right.  In terms of cost, I'm also considering the cost of our general
counsel fending off irritating cease-and-desist crap from various
rightsholders.  And the cost of having a support staffer be forced to
investigate a server because of a complaint from a third party.

In principle {RI,MP,whatever}AA complaints are handled the same as
Dos/DDoS/spam/UCE reports: we get too many implicating the same customer
and the customer gets booted.