Re: [tor-talk] Email provider for privacy-minded folk

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:07:54 -0800 (PST)
Mysterious Flyer <mysteriousflyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> 2. I used a dedicated Tor Mail account to open the anonymous "Torrified" Yahoo account, and then only ever used the Yahoo account to post to this forum.
> [...]
> I have my suspicions about Tor Mail. Do any of you think that someone got access to my Yahoo account by hacking into the Tor Mail account that was used to set it up? I was using this little algorithm to make passwords, which probably would have easily been guessed if a person had my user name and password from the one Tor Mail account.
>
> I noticed that my back-up account to the Yahoo account had been changed from "xxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx" to "xxx@xxxxxxxxxxx". I also can't for the life of me seem to remember my password to the dedicated Tor Mail account that was used to set up the dedicated Yahoo account. Was the password changed at Tor Mail, or did I just plumb forget it?
> [...]

Only to comment on the "Tor Mail" points, and i think Andrew mentioned it on this list before, Tormail.org is not affiliated with Tor Project.  Furthermore, they are listed on this page:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/LikelyTMViolators

So Tormail.org is merely another potential email provider.  It would be offtopic to discuss Tormail.org-specific support issues here.