Re: running tor on a vserver

On 7/8/07, sigi <dugongs@xxxxxx> wrote:
Does this mean, I can't do anything about it but restarting my server
several times per day?

another possibility is cranking down the xmit/recv buffers for the TCP
sockets Tor is using.  this would be a patch to the connection.c stuff
to set a sockopt, like:

int bufmax = 4 * 1024;  /* min 2048, usually 16-32k */
setsockopt(sock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_SNDBUF, &bufmax, sizeof(bufmax));
setsockopt(sock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_RCVBUF, &bufmax, sizeof(bufmax));

this would allow you to create enough connections without consuming
over your virtual server limit (at the expense of some performance
penalty for smaller buffers.  this probably won't cause a lot of
problem since Tor uses libevent for handling socket i/o...)

best regards,