Re: Using Tor at an on-line advocacy org

Phobos,
    We work with the organizations you mention on an ongoing basis.
The problem we have currently is mostly CAPCHA related, and we have no
major issues at this time, however, we were the victim of a vicious
spam attack a few months ago that caused us some major blacklisting
problems. This was par for the course, obviously, but it highlighted
the point that we would be totally screwed if Congress did this to us
for political reasons. Many sites now feature CAPCHA and other
multi-stage implementations that make our back-end work a pain in the
butt.

Speaking of spam, are you familiar with the SPF framework? I recently
read a Linux Mag article demonstrating how it is not all that
effective in stopping spam. Implementation takes only a few minutes,
but should I even bother bringing this up (I'm the IT peon not the one
in charge)?

Thanks,
Andrew

- ----

Frivolous lawsuits. Unlawful government seizures. What's YOUR defense?
Protect your assets, keep what you earn, and generate more income at the
same time!
Visit http://www.mpassetprotection.com/ today.