Re: [pygame] Pygame Mixer Crackle noise not an SDL_Mixer problem

Thanks. I tried the jukebox.py example. It sounded awful (getout.ogg).

Python 2.5
Pygame 1.8.1pre
XP Professional (51., Build 2600)
Dell DM051
Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
1014MB RAM
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family video (Internal) 224.0 MB
SigmaTel Audio

It crackled and played at half-speed. Changing the audio driver to waveout "set
SDL_AUDIODRIVER=waveout" cleared everything up. Could it be a DirectX 9 problem
(not properly DirectX 5 compatible). I will try this on my Windows 98 Dell with
DirectX 8 for comparison.

One thing I noted, Pygame initializes the video and audio separately while all
the C/C++ programs I have seen so far do everthing in the call to SDL_Init. I
will try instializing SDL subsystems instead to see what happens.

Lenard