Re: [pygame] Pygame Mixer Crackle noise not an SDL_Mixer problem

I tried jukebox.py on my slow Windows 98 computer with DirectX 8 and it sounded
fine. I also altered waveIt to initialize SDL like Pygame would:

SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_TIMER | SDL_INIT_NOPARACHUTE);
SDL_InitSubSystem(SDL_INIT_VIDEO);
SDL_InitSubSystem(SDL_INIT_AUDIO);

This also sounds fine on the XP machine. I also reversed the order of
video/audio initialization. So that leaves these three factors: Windows
XP/Vista, Pygame 1.8 and DirectX 9. I am hesitant to install DirectX 9 on my
Windows 98 box in case it breaks everything and I am unable to revert back to
DirectX 8. So I am out or ideas for the moment.

Lenard