Re: [pygame] The Giant - 'cool project I'm working on now' - thread.

I used pixel perfect collision in a game before, and my solution to
collision response was extremely simple - never collide!  Probably not
applicable to this situation, but it worked OK for me.  It is probably
a bit slow to do in higher resolutions, but pretty much all movement
had to be done iteratively, so instead of x+=10, that had to become a
for loop, with collision response inside it.  The actual collision
detection was pretty fast, because it was only checking the moving
portion of the mask I believe, but longer movements would probably
slow it down.