Re: [pygame] memory leak? P.S.

> I'm trying to install the pygame-cvs from a previous post in this
> thread.  I can't do it so I can't test the stability of it.  Here's the
> error I get when running python setup.py install
>
> error: command 'cl.exe' failed: No such file or directory
>
> What is cl.exe, it's not on my HD anywhere.

hi mark, the cvs comes with unbuilt sourcecode. you'll need a
compiler on your system to get it running. i'll get the CVS
code all prebuilt for windows so you can try it out more easily.

i just put this online in the ftp contrib directory. it is
the unofficial cvs build including today's SDL-1.1.7 from cvs.

http://pygame.seul.org/ftp/contrib/pygame_cvs.zip

i'm hoping this will lick the creeping death problem, but it
is hard for me to be sure.

ooh, i just remembered. this version of SDL has some custom
directx changes i made that should let it run fine under directx 5
(even though it was compiled with directx 7). it's running fine for
me under directx 7, but if any windows users with some time could
grab and install this entire package for testing that would be
great. i'm going to install windows on another partition for my own
directx5 testing. when i get it running well i'll submit it in.
(and it should be done in time to be included in SDl-1.1.7)
i'd also like some quick testing from anyone running directx 8