Re: [pygame] pyopengl and pygame

On Dec 22, 2004, at 8:44 PM, Jasper Phillips wrote:

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Bob Ippolito wrote:

On Dec 22, 2004, at 6:19 PM, Jasper Phillips wrote:
I think the biggest limitation with SDL, related to this project, is
probably the lack of multiple window support.  Everything else can be
more or less hacked around.. but pyui fills an important niche - full
screen game UI.

Pyui is (in my limited experience) pretty damn good for game GUIs. At least
it's done everything I want so far! It could use a larger library of
widgets, docs, a layout designer, and more stability -- but that's about it.

It seems to me like it would be good enough to surpass wxPython, if only it
were finished.

That sounds a bit exaggerated... but wxPython does feel pretty icky when you're used to something better, like Cocoa. It would be nice to see something AppKit-like for Python, even if it were just for pygame.

-bob