[pygame] Does anyone have a python implementation of A*?

Hello all,
   I am working on a pretty simple little game, which is sort of a cross between an RPG and a world simulation.  I want my NPC's to navigate around obstacles, and I have found some web resources on the A* algorithm.
Unfortunately, the C code is pretty unintelligible to me.  Has anyone done something similar in a Python project?  Seeing some code, or even pseudocode, would be a great help.

Thanks in advance,
Chris McCormick