Re: [pygame] Another Sound related question

DirkK wrote:
> I am looking for some time on the FMOD sound library; it seems they will
> support MacOS, too. It can does nearly any format known to the galaxy,
> and it can do things like full duplex recording (if your card allows
> that). I don't know if someone already has a python wrapper for that. If
> someone does, one we could get around the limitations of SDL sound.

it should be more than possible to mix/match pygame's different modules
with other libraries. i suppose this would be one of the benefits of
pygame's modularity. if there was a python wrapper for FMOD that would
be a great way to get started. it sounds like a terrific feature list.

it's possible to use pygame's cdrom or mixer module inside of other gui
libs for example. and using another sound lib for audio with pygame
graphics shouldn't be a problem. (although this probably depends on the
library quite a bit)