Re: [pygame] Mysterious Included Files

Bob Ippolito wrote:
A more likely scenario is that in the same directory, you created a py2exe based setup.py for a script that *did* somehow use virtual, built it, and then you modified the setup.py script to package a script that *did not* use virtual. If run again, without cleaning the build/dist directories, py2exe will potentially include everything it found on the first run in addition to what was found in the second run. IIRC, it is not terribly intelligent about housecleaning (py2app is only marginally smarter about this).

Whenever you make non-trivial modifications to any distutils setup.py or its targets you should *always* clean your build and dist dirs (dist may not be relevant for using distutils without packaging extensions).

Yup, that was it. Thanks! Please forgive my ignorance of these things; I'm mostly self-taught and don't know much about things like this.

Kris