Re: [pygame] BUG: required modules not raising error when failing to import was Re: [pygame] Surfarray.array_alpha() bugfix, py2exe/py2app segfault

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Zack Schilling <zack.schilling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't think manually including bufferproxy when it might not be needed is a good solution, nor do I think getting py2exe to search for compiled C modules calling other compiled C modules is likely to happen.

I agree that dependencies should not be added - but "import pygame" already tries to import pygame.surface and pygame.mixer, and those 2 modules depend on bufferproxy (and always try to import it)

so given that pygame has always included surface and mixer and those 2 always import bufferproxy (if available) then pygame is already always importing bufferproxy - whether it is "needed" or not.

So added an in python import of the module really doesn't change anything other than making py2exe and py2app work out of the box.

.. not that things couldn't be better though. My point is just that the hack fix here doesn't make anything worse.