Re: [pygame] BUG: required modules not raising error when failing to import was Re: [pygame] Surfarray.array_alpha() bugfix, py2exe/py2app segfault

I don't think manually including bufferproxy when it might not be needed is a good solution, nor do I think getting py2exe to search for compiled C modules calling other compiled C modules is likely to happen.

I think some documentation or a quick exception when the package fails to load would be sufficient. Wouldn't it make more sense to change "import_pygame_bufferproxy()" in pygame.h to throw an exception with a helpful message?

"Required library, pygame.bufferproxy, faliled to import. Check your pygame installation or try manually include this library."

-Zack