Re: [pygame] Antialiased circle

On 18/01/12 01:39 PM, jug wrote:
Here is a small module that works on top of pygame.gfxdraw to draw some nice (filled) aacircles, lines and rounded rects (have a look at the examples):

https://bitbucket.org/schlangen/pexdra

this was mainly a test to see whats possible and also to compare different methods. Of course its damn slow :)
Pygame has function for a one pixel width anti-aliased circle function in gfxdraw. I ported the gfxdraw module from pygame2 for that reason. Things become complicated for lines thicker than one pixel. This is the best I have found so far: <http://yellowsplash.wordpress.com/2009/10/23/fast-antialiased-circles-and-ellipses-from-xiaolin-wus-concepts/>.

I also started to port the pygamedraw module from pygame2 to pygame, but it has no (good-working) anti-aliasing yet.
Great. This looks like a candidate for Cython compilation when finished.

Lenard Lindstrom