Re: [pygame] pygame-1.1 source available

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 11:10:09PM +0100, Aquarius wrote:
> If there's a package for testing then I shall dance at your wedding :)
> Does pygame really need to *depend* on python2-numeric? v1.0 didn't, it
> just meant that you couldn't use surfarray stuff, which I don't
> understand anyway ;-)

Well, my theory was that it is better to depend on it than not to.
It could just suggest or recommend it, but that seems a pain to me.

I mean, if you install a game that uses surf array, it is a bit
annoying if it has to explicitly depend on anything other than
pygame.

I think I want all the examples to run without having to do
anything other than "apt-get install pygame".  Does Debian policy
say anything about this kind of issue?

You'll hate me when I make it depend on python2-opengl! (Or
python-opengl, after the reorganisation that Debian unstable
Python packages are about to go to, to have a 2.x version as
the standard).

Francis

--
Home: francis@flourish.org  Web: www.flourish.org