Re: [pygame] [Bug] SVN 1272 on Windows

Hi Brian,

I noticed that each install is separate. Anyway I was too quick with the last post. Deleting files is relatively simple, since distutils already sets up the necessary table. My concern was that setup.py would have to read the Components table to find a component to attach the deletes to. But distutils uses "pygame1" so no lookup is needed. Thanks to your additions to setup.py, Brian, most of the work was done for me. So besides color.py, color.pyc, color.pyo, surfarray.pyd and sndarray.pyd are there any other files to go. If not then I will commit to SVN. Should I have some time I will look at the "ProductCode" GUID. It would be nice if it stays constant for Pygame.

Lenard

Brian Fisher wrote:
I don't know all of what it takes to make uninstalling previous versions, but evidentally there is some property that defaults to off, that must be set to "true" to get this behavior:

*RemovePreviousVersions*

I think the main complication with it is making sure the "ProductCode" GUID is the same for old & new installers yet at the same time the version numbers go up