Re: [pygame] Licensing

@Michael: My first line was a clear warning so I definitely wasn't trying to foment licensing chaos. :) I was going to write on the next line, "I believe, in general...". Rapid editing killed the "I believe" part. All apologies.

One thing I'm not confused about is the Copyright Act. Section 117 says, essentially, that once you buy software, you are a copy owner. The closed licensing concept comes from companies trying to get around the fact that people own their software like they own their books.

So I guess it comes down to this:

I want to provide the source upon request.
I want to allow developers to alter the source as they see fit.
I want developers to seek permission to redistribute under another license.

That makes BSD too permissive and LGPL too restrictive.