[pygame] Licensing

The more I read about software licenses, the more confused I get.

In general terms...

LGPL is "use but don't alter."
AGPL is "use but whatever you make must be AGPL."
GPL is "use and alter but only if the derivative is free."
Artistic is "use but alter only with permission."
BSD is "use it for whatever."

I notice LGPL is used on a lot of pygame projects. Is that because pygame itself uses LGPL? It makes sense for pygame to use LGPL because it's a huge, widely used library but it's not apparent as to why the game projects themselves to use LGPL.

I'm using the following chart for reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_free_software_licences

I'd like to hear why users of pygame chose the license they chose.

I'm leaning towards the Artistic License 2.0.

Peace.--Chris