Re: [pygame] Communicating with an event queue

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Tyler Laing<trinioler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Apparently there's a remote control interface. full play, pause, stop, seek,
> resize capabilities. If I can get the stuff from Marcus on redirecting
> screen output through pygame, then I can make an effective module.
>
> -Tyler

SDL_WINDOWID allows you to do this.  It allows you to init the SDL
display using an existing window.

It's a bit hacky, but can kind of work.  mplayer also allows you to
select an existing window to put itself into.

However I think the 'frames over pipe' approach will have less issues
- and probably be more portable.

cu,