Re: [pygame] Collaborative game in 8 weeks.

Wow. Such a positive response! This should be fun.

Below I've collected all the game ideas posted so far. How about we post any more ideas about them here, collect them together again, then make a vote on what to do somehow.

Depending on what we decide, we may go to an existing project on sourceforge, or somewhere else. So that'll pretty much decide where it's hosted.

So here are the ideas so far. Any more(or ones that I missed)?

* zelda style game. man that "zelda through time" game on snes was the peak of the series. probably have to keep the "scale" of the game a little smaller, as it would require heavy efforts from mapmakers and gametesters. rating 3 of 3

* take the zelda game online. a little multiplayer online zelda game. this would add tons of design work the the previous zelda game, so it is probably out of reach. rating 1 of 3

* a squad-style counterstrike remake. two people play against each other and control a small squad of toops, C&C style i'd say. different silly missions like plant the bomb or rescue the hostage, you know. i'd say simple overhead 2d graphics (C&C like). note, when i say C&C like i don't mean resource management, i mean point and click little guys to move them, they shoot automatically. the only other control might be a "weapon switch". rating 3 of 3

* a "heroes of m&m" type game. good fun, i always wanted to do one of these. perhaps change the theme from fantasy to 'matrix' or something or other. rating 2 of 3

* http://people.cc.jyu.fi/~shang/pyrogue.zip
- rogue, nethack, angband style game.

* http://sourceforge.net/projects/pybrian/. - Platformer, Commander Keen like game.

* Shandy Brown wrote:

How about a platformer a la Mario?
I would characterize this by:
- every few levels, the graphical atmosphere changes
- there are around 4 or 5 puzzles per level
- puzzles can be skipped if you know a way around
- hidden areas & powerups are found by exploring

Advantages:

- minimize the amout of text in-game (possibly to 0) that would make
internationalization an non-issue.

- cross-gender appeal

- technically realistic for 8 weeks

* Zombie madness game. Where you have to escape an area filled with zombies.

* racing game. Car, water slide, skate board, trolley.

* Massively multiplayer pixel game. Each player is a pixel(with a color of their choosing). Groups of players have to get together to make things.