Re: [pygame] multi-width aalines and aacircles

Marius Gedminas wrote:
On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 08:56:16AM -0600, John Krukoff wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pygame-users@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-pygame-users@xxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Lenard Lindstrom
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 6:07 PM
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [pygame] multi-width aalines and aacircles

None of the SDL_gfx functions has a line width argument that I could see.
Sure, but at least SDL_gfx gives you the tools you need to get there for AA
lines. A filled polygon, redraw the edges with an AA line, use some AA
circles to draw caps, and viola!

AA donuts would still be a pain, and require an offscreen buffer, which is
unfortunate.

And, likely you'd ask for variable width AA bezier curves next, which also
isn't supported. That one may be because it's hard, though.

How about full Cairo support while we're at it?

;-)

Marius Gedminas
We could use Pango for text, wrap the whole thing with a gui layer and call it, oh I don't know, Gtk.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>