Re: [pygame] Mac OS X image issue

Hi,

On 08/03/11 02:09 PM, Johannes Charra wrote:
Am Mar 7, 2011 um 4:44 PM schrieb Johannes Charra:

Am Mar 6, 2011 um 10:25 PM schrieb Greg Ewing:

Johannes Charra wrote:
I've always used the binary distribution. But installing from source
didn't fix the problem for me, as I just checked.

libpng and libjpeg are both available in /usr/local/lib
That's strange -- I would have expected the configure script
to find them when building from source.

Although now that I come to think of it, it's probably not
pygame itself that uses them, but SDL_image. How did you
install your SDL libraries?

--
Greg
Actually I don't remember exactly how I did that. :)

Now that you mentioned it, I tried installing it via MacPorts (sudo port install libsdl), which took a while, since many subsequent dependencies needed to be installed.

I still can't load PNG files, but maybe I need to install pygame from source again, now that I have the SDL stuff installed? I'll try that ...

Best regards,
Johannes

I didn't manage to make this work yet ... how can I check whether all preconditions (SDL libraries properly installed etc.) are met?

Best regards,
Johannes

Did you run pygame config.py? This will list the dependencies it found. If png and jpeg are not found it will tell you.

Lenard Lindstrom