Re: [pygame] Mac OS X image issue

Am Mar 10, 2011 um 8:27 AM schrieb Lenard Lindstrom:

> Hi,
>
> On 08/03/11 02:09 PM, Johannes Charra wrote:

>>> Actually I don't remember exactly how I did that. :)
>>>
>>> Now that you mentioned it, I tried installing it via MacPorts (sudo port install libsdl), which took a while, since many subsequent dependencies needed to be installed.
>>>
>>> I still can't load PNG files, but maybe I need to install pygame from source again, now that I have the SDL stuff installed? I'll try that ...
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Johannes
>>>

>> I didn't manage to make this work yet ... how can I check whether all preconditions (SDL libraries properly installed etc.) are met?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Johannes
>>

> Did you run pygame config.py? This will list the dependencies it found. If png and jpeg are not found it will tell you.
>
> Lenard Lindstrom

Hi Lenard,

Thanks for the hint. No, I didn't run config.py, that might have helped (or at least it would've given me useful hints as to where I currently stand).

After un-/reinstalling of Pygame and the SDL stuff it finally worked. I installed pygame using the link

http://pygame.org/ftp/pygame-1.9.1release-py2.6-macosx10.5.zip

which seemed to do the trick. Apparently my original pygame installation came from a different source.

Best regards,
Johannes