Re: [pygame] pygame.midi using portmidi?

Hi,

René Dudfield wrote:
On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 2:54 AM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi René,

What happens with pygame.midi.get_count()?

Lenard

You mean on OSX?  I'll check it out for you when I can... my girl
friend is finishing off her paper this weekend... so I can't use it
again this weekend.

I assumed you already had access to OS X to read the error messages. Or did you see them on the build page? I was wondering if the Mac errors come from pypm.Inititialize() or pypm.CountDevices(). That would narrow down where in portmidi the messages are coming from.

On my ubuntu laptop it does:
import pygame.midi
pygame.midi.init()
pygame.midi.get_count()
2

ps.  I got a default font list from an OSX machine... so I'll add them
like how you've added the xp default fonts to sysfont - when the
fc-list executable isn't found.

pps.  Seems The Spectacularly Adequate Automated Pygame Build Page
(TSAAPBP) has stopped updating.
Yes, unless the system provides a reliable way to list fonts and their attributes that is the only way to go. The font file names themselves are unhelpful. Windows XP, for instance, has several conventions for labeling a ttf file as regular, bold, italic or bold-italic.

Lenard