Re: [pygame] Rpg Game ?

Maybe people here can help better if you explain how/what you plan for your RPG. Is it 3D, isomettric, like Dungeon Master, birdview, etc. How should the interaction/fights look like: real time, turn based, etc. This and your programming skills will all affect the programming language you should use.
The main problem on pure HTML/any script game is interactivity between server and client. HTML normally works with requests from clients. Client side autorefreshes, like every 5 seconds, can overload the server and produce high transfer rates from clients. Kinda same problem of images. Sure the browser will not load the same image again if its already on client PC, but if you have many different images, they all need to be loaded by the client (and produce big data transfer). Simple calculation: A single image of 30KB needs to be loaded by 300 clients (gamers): 30 * 300 KB = 9000kb = 9 MB...

IMHO creating any bigger project with HTML/any script language is hard to maintenance. The code is harder to read the bigger the  project is.
Flash is working well on pure 2D games. I've never seen a true 3D game in Flash (probably there are some 3D engines around).

Just my 2 cents
Farai