Re: [pygame] Introducing Pygame Launcher alpha

On Oct 25, 2004, at 11:36, Jack Nutting wrote:

An idea suddenly popped into my head. Instead of (or in addition to) making the pygame launcher a standalone program, how about turning it into a.... (drumroll please) browser plugin?!

I searched around a bit, and afaict no one has made and released a Python browser plugin yet. It seems that python+pygame would make a really great alternative to flash or java applets for many purposes (particularly for people on this list).

Sound interesting? Or am I putting the cart before the horse here?
This is a massive security hole. Python can not be sandboxed like Javascript, Java or Flash. Not a great idea.

-bob