Re: simple networking was Re: [pygame] about sjbrown's tutorial

On 9/4/05, andrew baker <failrate@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Another option that I'm pondering is using CherryPy, slightly modified to be a content server (as opposed to a web-page server).  In that case, it would be serving up pickle files instead of HTML pages, and it can also dynamically generate pickles.

I've always wanted to say "dynamically generate pickles." :D

I should clarify that I would use pickles, because the parsing of them is a basic part of Python as opposed to an external thing, it wouldn't require any additional conversion on the game-maker's part, and I think XML might be the child of Beelzebub.

--
Andrew Ulysses Baker
"failrate"