Re: [pygame] 3D SHMUP

Wow, we're getting off topic...
On 9/17/07, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Numeric did not meet the requirements for inclusion in the Python
> Standard Library. Numarray was written as a replacement. Though fast
> with large arrays it proved slower than Numeric for small arrays.
    That's interesting.  My solution to collision detection (like on a
3D surface) is to have a 2D array, perhaps several thousand on a side,
where the components represent data about the height of the landscape
at that point.  An object's position is rounded off to the nearest
point, and the point's height is compared with the object's height.
This will be implemented in one of my games.  (Map Editor (by me)
provides height data).  I've recently been concerned that this will be
painfully slow.  Is there a fast way to do it, without using an
outdated module?
Ian