Re: [pygame] Tutorial... GUI

Marcus,

    It is like what all links/images especially have and that is an alt field. It is a text field setup on web pages to also have text in a picture to describe the picture for sightless people and screen readers.

    So when the tab goes to that button or link it is also entering a text field, not an edit field, but a text field. Now, I am not sure if colors are important for that, that is what I am talking about. It is just like the alt field of picture/images on an HTML page.

    What happened when tabbing from button to button the display on the other screen did change, but the screen reader focus was not on that frame. In other words the text was in another frame...
    When focusing inside a frame I have to force the mouse to be there. Now when tabbing or cursor keys, the screen reader will be in that frame sometimes. To get it to work I also had to focus that as well. But those things can be over-come when the parameters of the window are known and saved. All that is a screen reader thing.

    So I guess that both the buttons and text have to be in the same frame. The only thing to do is look up the format of a button inside the win32 and see what they did to accomplish that. I believe those are ADA, 504 kind of things for standards, accessibility issues.

    I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

        Bruce

On, Thu Sep 27, 2007, RR4CLB wrote:

>     But the tab went from button to button but the display of the text
> for that button was on another screen. There should be a text
> label for buttons so when I tab it also says its text label. I am
> not sure the example I had was written that way. It just assigned
> text to the object.

I am not entirely sure what you mean with "says" here. Do you want a
sound mixer to output the text of the button, when it receives tab
focus?

Regards
Marcus