Re: [pygame] Tutorial... GUI

On, Thu Sep 27, 2007, RR4CLB wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
>
>     I had my son come over to read the screen and when moving the
> mouse over the icon it did change color from red to white, but my
> screen reader mouse control was reading the other screen yet moving
> over that location. I also noticed that when trying to focus it kept
> saying to me "Top Menu!" For some odd reason it was not tracking the
> mouse movement at all, my screen reader was not.

Hm, why does it say "Top Menu!"? I am not familiar with screen readers
that much - can you assign them to treat different areas of a window in
different ways?

>     I will place both buttons next to each other on the same line and
> see what happens. For I am going to rule out the sizing of the
> screen for it may think it is only a one line screen. Once I rule
> that out I will have to wait until you change it. I do get it
> reading the icon I labeled. I just have to get the screen reader
> to also focus on the second button. First by placing them both on
> the same line and see if that fixes it. Then if so, doing a frame
> size save and make it a custom window and go from there. If I can
> get that part done and get the mouse to at least read it, I am
> half way there. Allowing me to build and test the programs, But
> not to distribute it for others to play.

If you have an example that causes your screen reader to act
differently, could you please send it to me (same mail address as the
one I am using for those list posts)? This will help me to understand
the screen reader system somewhat better and maybe how to come up with a
workaround until we can use a MSAA enabled backend to provide the
information as necessary.

Regards
Marcus