Re: [pygame] Tutorial... GUI

Hi Marcus,

    I had my son come over to read the screen and when moving the mouse over the icon it did change color from red to white, but my screen reader mouse control was reading the other screen yet moving over that location. I also noticed that when trying to focus it kept saying to me "Top Menu!" For some odd reason it was not tracking the mouse movement at all, my screen reader was not.

    I will place both buttons next to each other on the same line and see what happens. For I am going to rule out the sizing of the screen for it may think it is only a one line screen. Once I rule that out I will have to wait until you change it. I do get it reading the icon I labeled. I just have to get the screen reader to also focus on the second button. First by placing them both on the same line and see if that fixes it. Then if so, doing a frame size save and make it a custom window and go from there. If I can get that part done and get the mouse to at least read it, I am half way there. Allowing me to build and test the programs, But not to distribute it for others to play.

        Bruce

On, Thu Sep 27, 2007, RR4CLB wrote:

>     So I guess that both the buttons and text have to be in the same
> frame. The only thing to do is look up the format of a button
> inside the win32 and see what they did to accomplish that. I
> believe those are ADA, 504 kind of things for standards,
> accessibility issues.

Having both, the text output and the accessibility aware pygame user
interface element in the same frame sounds impossible to me. As you
mentioned in you other mail the only way seems to be to wrap up the MSAA
framework with python in order to spend the game objects an
accessibility interface a screen reader can recognize.

As I planned to do that by time for the python accessibility wrapper
anyways, I'll check, if that's possible in some easy way, so you can
make your game objects accessibility aware.

Regards
Marcus