Re: [pygame] Tutorial... GUI

Marcus,

    The menu comment is when I left click on it. They may be because the button does nothing.

    I read the documentation for programming a screen. It monitors light-bars, any change in colors. If a part of a screen changes it can read that area by setting a window for only that area. Either by text or color. So even the print statements if sent to only one location and I set a window to read just that area it would say what is there. Like the print statement you use, have it go to just a single location. But that is OK for this kind of test but can be a problem if normal Window conventions are not used; I.E. MSAA configuration.

    I still had it read only one button name when labeling the button. I think that is because the icon is the same. But I did not have success in doing the same line button. Instead of having down 40 I placed it across 40 to see if I could see another graphic symbol there and could not. Unless the other print statement over-wrote it. But that does not make sense.

    I am not sure what is going on, but will have to get my son to read the new version and see what happens. Windows does want standard image size and if to small may not read it. O r to large may not read it. But something else seems to be going on here and if the mouse position values are not being sent back that could be the problem, but that to makes no sense.
    It just reads everything on one line with one graphic symbol at the beginning and 3 on the other side. Min, max, close
    The symbol on the left are the 2 buttons, or at least one of the 2, the first one displayed.

    Now, the 3 on the right seem to be no problem. The screen readers reads them, I am allowed to label each of them, and reads them everytime I go to that window, including the one graphic for our test buttons. But it just does not go to the second one, the screen reader doesn't. I will test it again with my son here.

        Bruce

If you have an example that causes your screen reader to act
differently, could you please send it to me (same mail address as the
one I am using for those list posts)? This will help me to understand
the screen reader system somewhat better and maybe how to come up with a
workaround until we can use a MSAA enabled backend to provide the
information as necessary.

Regards
Marcus

On, Thu Sep 27, 2007, RR4CLB wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
>
>     I had my son come over to read the screen and when moving the
> mouse over the icon it did change color from red to white, but my
> screen reader mouse control was reading the other screen yet moving
> over that location. I also noticed that when trying to focus it kept
> saying to me "Top Menu!" For some odd reason it was not tracking the
> mouse movement at all, my screen reader was not.

Hm, why does it say "Top Menu!"? I am not familiar with screen readers
that much - can you assign them to treat different areas of a window in
different ways?