Re: [seul-edu] Linux in Elementry

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Matt Jezorek wrote:

> What desktop do you think that should be included. I guess the
> competiion is
> between KDE and Gnome does anyone have knowledge on what
> school systems perfer.

I tend to think that a well-configured WindowMaker installation
is about the best for kids, although I know others (Hi, Harry)
like IceWM.  These machines aren't intended to be general
purpose desktops and so don't need complicated enviroments.  A
nice clean screen with a row of icons down one side is less of a
distraction than all the eye-candy of a full-fledged desktop
environment.

--
Doug Loss           Advertisements contain the only truths
dloss@suscom.net    to be relied on in a newspaper.