Re: converting VB programs (was Re: developing a K12 Linux distribution)

I've been thinking about the whole idea of converting VB programs for
Linux use, and I wonder if Perl/Tk is the best way to go about it.  I'm
thinking that Python might be a better target language for the
conversion.  Admittedly I'm not a Python expert, but from what I can see
from a quick overview of Python literature it's designed to handle the
same kind of things that VB is (primarily user interfaces and
prototyping, right?).  In my copious spare time I'll try to learn about
Python and see if this first, largely-uninformed opinion holds.

--
Doug Loss                 A life spent making mistakes is not only
Data Network Coordinator  more honorable, but more useful than a